Benjamin C. Burns
Benjamin is a Montana native, growing up in Great Falls. He moved to Bozeman to attend Montana State University in 2007, graduating with honors in 2011. Ben attended the University of Miami School of Law, graduating in 2015. During law school, Ben was elected Vice President of the University of Miami Federal Bar Association, and served on the Executive Board for the University of Miami Business Law Review.
After law school, Ben returned to Montana and started practicing at Davis, Hatley, Haffeman & Tighe, with particular emphasis in business formation and operation, commercial litigation, real estate litigation and insurance defense. Ben is admitted to practice law in Montana state and federal courts.
Ben and his wife Stephanie have one daughter.
Education: University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2015
Executive Board, University of Miami Business Law Review
Vice President, University of Miami Federal Bar Association
Dean's Certificate for Academic Excellence; Death Penalty Litigation Clinic.
C.A.L.I. Award for Excellence: Death Penalty Litigation Clinic.
James Weldon Johnson/Robert H. Waters Fellowship Award Recipient.
Montana State University, B.S., Psychology, 2011
- McIntosh, Sawran, & Cartaya, P.A., Miami, FL. Associate, Commercial Law and Insurance Litigation.
- The Williams Firm, Grand Blanc, MI. Associate, Corporate Defense Litigation and Labor and Employment.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Judicial intern for the Honorable Donald L. Graham.
- Miami-Dade Public Defender’s Office, Death Penalty Division, Miami. FL. Associate extern.
- Florida Third District Court of Appeal, Judicial intern for Chief Judge Frank A. Shepherd
- Goetz, Baldwin, & Geddes, P.C., Bozeman, MT. Intern.
101 River Drive North Milwaukee Station, 3rd Floor Great Falls, MT 59401 406.761.5243 Fax: 406.761.4126